Monday, April 23, 2007

Whew!

Things have not calmed down, but I'm a little more organized to handle everything coming at me. All good and I wanted to sort through it, ponder it, enjoy it.

Lots of opportunities suddenly making their way to me, but I've got to have balance. I need a book, not a chapbook (though I will have four of them this summer; I've just found and negotiated the terms for the artwork for "The Way Black Folks Be") a book book and that's where I need to focus and that's how I'll be spending my summer-- a novel, Gwendolyn.

Next week I'm in Michigan for a reading. Looking forward to that. Tomorrow the stuff for a book festival in L.A. gets put in the mail. I'm looking to be on a panel or be a speaker and I get to send my resume and that's kind of impressive, I'm told, so I'm thinking that will turn out. Atlanta on hold temporarily 'cause I'm trying to coordinate things so I can go through there like Sherman 'cause that's where my novel that I'm sometimes thinking about, working on takes place (in part) and I want people to get a preview and a hungering for the book. A second L.A. gig, Baltimore, Chicago currently in the works.

Still plugging away at stories. Had made an earlier post, realized I miscounted and that I really needed to get some rest 'cause I was doing the job then writing thing again and that makes me all tired and just a bit off, but I've been able to get some stories out.

I found my marriage bed. This summer my attention turns back to the love of my life event. I've been looking for one(the bed-- well, the love of my life,too, but right now we're talking about the bed), it seems everywhere. Found it at Thomasville. Very gorgeous and romantic, but not in a girly way. A bit anxious am I? Nope. Just prepared, heh heh. And again, I restate my position: I get to choose the bed, he gets to decide what we do in it. AND I made sure it has posts;-)

All in all, my life is so deliciously good and I am very very grateful for it:)

No comments: