Wednesday, January 02, 2008

So how's 2008 going so far?

So far, so very good. Created a new bear pattern, got a go-ahead from a buyer for a gift shop here to bring in some bears.

Writing, submitting photos (three of which have been accepted for this writer's newsletter--yay!). Photos out to 5 other places. Waiting and seeing, as always. Working on a poem 'cause I want to get back to writing poems; I haven't written a new work in years.

Working on that list so if I'm indebted to you, know that I'm getting there:)

Busy trying to get my daughter moved on-campus and getting a son to finish things so he can too will be enrolled in college this Spring.

Will be volunteering at the tv station at the university so I can relearn those production skills. Talked to this man from Ghana about my desire to go to Africa and he let me know how misguided (though well-intentioned) I am, as are most Westerners he said. But he still encouraged me to go to Africa. Had I mentioned that I had found a fit with an organization that Delano Lewis (the former U.S. Ambassador to Africa) suggested to me? Seems the organization wants someone to film the work they do in South Africa. So that's what I'm working toward!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have not had a day off since before Christmas and won't have one 'til next week.

Kind of tired.

Sometimes this Superwoman thing gets to me.

No comments: