Sunday, March 16, 2008

I've been moving

Three weeks now trying to get settled into this really nice house. "This is the house we've been waiting for," my daughter said.

Oh, yes.

Two kids with bedrooms of their own, a room for me to write (not just a space in a room to claim as my own--HEAVEN!) and another room that's the arts/crafts room; ie, a separate room for my sewing. One bathroom, but it's big. I've got that aquarium I've always wanted to have in a bathroom and I've got FERNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Got about eight plants in there. Love it.

When I thought I was moving to Vermont, I purged. Evidently, though I didn't purge enough and I've been parting with even more stuff.

But, no, not the bear stuff. Never, ever the bear stuff!

2 comments:

Sharon Hurlbut said...

When do we get to see a picture of the famous bears?

The new house sounds wonderful! A whole room for crafts?! You deserve it, I'm sure. Enjoy.

GJM said...

Oh, they're not the bears I make (or should be busy making)that I refuse to part with. (Actually, I think I only have four that I made in my collection-- my fav made from a quilt that my grandmother originally made.)

I love GUND bears and COMMONWEALTH TOY bears. Love the Commonwealth ones so much that one year I bought three of the same bear-- A polar and he was sooooooooooooooooooo cute. Herbie, Herbie, and uhm, Herbie, I named them. And then when I worked at Target, one Christmas, there was a Commonwealth bear bigger than me. Took a bit of doing but me and my co-workers were able to hide him throughout the store 'til I had the money to buy him-- less than that $100 price tag once my employee discount was figured in!