Monday, December 18, 2006

Step away from the computer, Gwendolyn

I am way tired. Realized that yesterday when I was thinking about a story I'd just submitted and realized I'd changed a character's name mid-story. And on the same day, I lost/misplaced/no longer had in my possession my notebook that I carry to jot down ideas and lines. I'd just bought it so there wasn't much in it, but if there had been. . .

So, this week, I'm just going to read about writing (next up: Zen in the Art of Writing) and work on writing exercises.

Work is kicking my butt 'cause there are Christmas parties and catering and I agreed to extra hours and then I get home and push myself to write. And sometimes it's a hit (just got an acceptance) or it's a miss (a very quick rejection of the above mentioned story. The editor pointed out a few inconsistencies, somehow she missed the name change.)

It's time to just step back. Next week, I'll plunge back into the actual writing of things.

No comments: