Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Awaiting my return to this blog?

Ain't you got something better to do??
ha ha

As agreed upon with my children, I got a J-O-B and damn(!) those things take up your time!!!!!!!!!!

I'll be back soon. So much we have to talk about.

The book? Not me, this time. Faulty printers, damaged computers & lost manuscripts... getting that work to you-- a story in itself!! You are learning patience. Remember that.

I'm off to Detroit to conduct a workshop at a writer's workshop. That should be fun.

Some works published-- "Emilio's Son" (a reprint) in Lily and "You Changed Your Mind" in the Boston Literary Magazine. Links at the right.

Writing is a part-time endeavor now but I'm excited 'cause I'm collaborating on two stories about Viet Nam with the incredible Bob Arter !!!!!!!!!!!!!!(if you don't know how good he is, google him and find out)

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the woman that I was searching for-- a civil rights icon-- gave Fisk University almuni association permission to release contact information to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And you've been reading those Writer Profiles at Kelly's blog, haven't you? I haven't provided you reminders but you should know to just do that. So do it.

2 comments:

Sharon Hurlbut said...

Sadly, no, I've nothing better to do ; )

Congrats on Lily and Boston Literary Magazine!! And ooh, that collaboration with Bob Arter sounds phenomenal.

When are you going to come teach a workshop up my way?!

GJM said...

Ha! Actually you could continue to make me jealous by your wonderful/continued knitting. I've got to get to that yarn store-- you inspire me:)