Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Randomness

I'm having difficulty with the idea that I'm not going to have thirty-six straight months of publication. I've got stories lined up for October, November and December. Damn September! My ego is like WHAT????? But it's my own fault. I had, what 25+ stories, that I could have finished and submitted at any time.

I just hate taking responsibility, hate it when things don't work out the way I wanted them to, esp. when it was in my hands to have it otherwise.


*


Leslie is sexy in that Kojak kind of way. He gave me a ride home yesterday; jazz was playing in his stereo. At some point, he showed me a disc box and asked if I knew who the musician was. I didn't and said so.

Leslie was surprised. (He's impressed with some of the things I know, but really I don't know all that much.)

I told him that too. "Maybe you'll have to teach me about things," I teased.

Leslie grinned. He said he was sure there were things the two of us could teach each other. And then again he let me know what he wanted — me.

I grinned, basking in his desire, which mirrored the woman I'm becoming. I felt, in that moment, that he had damn good reason to feel the way he does.

*

I'm gonna enter the Iowa short fiction contest. I've got enough stories and all it'll cost me is postage.

*

Now, it's time to get to work on some stories. Adios.

No comments: