Tuesday, June 05, 2007

A rejection, a long time coming

I just got a rejection for a work I submitted to an anthology last year. I'd long since believed the sub got lost in the mail.

It was an erotic work and suggestions for sending work for a future anthology were offered, but my erotic days may be over.

I am in the midst of a religious conversion kind of thing and there are things I wouldn't be permitted to write (think Prince), well not for public consumption ('cause my conscience would allow me to write sexy things for my husband --okay, okay when I get one. Must you point everything out?).


Anyway--


Not an easy decision for me, though I write very little erotica. It's just hard giving up things, "the pleasures of sin," the Bible calls them,'cause well it is fun being relatively bad. And this world is sooo tempting.

"I have conquered the world."

That's the part I've got to remember. That's the basis, for me, to make the right choice.

I just gotta make it. . .

No comments: