Monday, April 28, 2008

gjm update

okay, really there's little to update.

I've given my 2 weeks notice and I'm going to use my unused paid time off $$$ to buy me some time.

2 of my kids are getting braces and so I've been scheduling dentist appts. ad nauseum. Oral surgeon as well. Yes, I will have to get back to work SOON to pay what the insurance will not. But, still I'm gonna take myself some time. Besides, the govt. is giving free money away next month, isn't it?

At this point there are no classes available to teach come fall, but no worries 'cause the first semester I taught, at the interview prior I was told there were no classes. "I heard you read and I wanted to meet you," the woman-who-would-become-my-boss told me. The day before the semester began, three classes opened up. So, we'll wait and see.

I did get to spend some time volunteering at the tv station but had to give it up 'cause my hours at my job changed. Found out that I still love production, something I do want to keep pursuing.

And I'm knitting! I'm no
  • Sharon Hurlbut
  • but I've knitted something long and continuous; you might call it a scarf. It kinda looks like one--kinda;-)

    I have three stories out and one I need to get (back) into the mail, other than those, though, I'm clean out of stories.

    The photography subs have not faired well. One yes, some no's, some silence, a send-again-'cause-we-can't-open-what's-on-this-disc (and make it hard copies instead) and two that idle in the reading (waiting) period. Not giving up. I've collected about 250 story rejections so that's prepared me.

    other than the above, I'm just looking for a kitten, enjoying my fish and playing in the dirt.

    2 comments:

    Sharon Hurlbut said...

    See, I knew I'd corrupt you eventually! Just wait till you start knitting clothes for your bears.

    Congratulations on all the great publication/acceptance news!

    And guess what?! Mr. King and the lovely Lucille are coming to my neck of the woods. You KNOW I'm in line for those tickets.

    GJM said...

    I think it's more like 'inspired' me-- but I am a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong way away from your skill level. You give me something to look forward to.

    I do believe you'll enjoy Mr. King.


    And congrats to you on your recent print publications, your daughter's spelling bee feat and a 'yay' 'cause your family gets to stay put:)