Sunday, April 20, 2008

Looking at it another way

So the bears aren't the only thing I'm trimming.

Getting rid of books as well. I've been waiting for Office Max to put the bookcases I want on sale again and finally, they have but no matter 'cause I don't need many more. I've gone through my non-fiction and cut that stack in less than half. Lots of self-help that I've grown past. Biographies that I thought I might be interested in at the time I bought the book, but Mr. Burton, all that truly fascinated me about you was your passion for Ms. Taylor-- I'm sure the rest of your life might be just as fascinating or provide me with a 'why' you and this woman were so mad about one another, however I just ain't got the time to read all about it.

Fiction is next. Short story collections are pretty much safe, but there are few novels I really, really want to hang onto. "Brave New World," "Orange Laughter" "Beloved" among others are the ones I will never part with, but Fern Michaels, the last of Danielle Steele (okay, not the paperback ones that introduced me to her but her latest stuff was ???????) well, those books are a credit at Hastings (there's some cds and dvds I could get in exchange) waiting to happen.

So what I'm trying to say is that I've changed my perspective and I've decided that I don't need more bookshelves, I just need less books.

No comments: