Thursday, August 14, 2008

And yes that meant no money for

traveling.

Even Greyhound has gotten ridiculous with its prices and restrictions on baggage. Did not go to Jackson, Mississippi to do a group book signing, although I'm hoping to meet up with the group in Sept and Oct for some Mississippi signings and one in Mobile, Alabama.

Anyway Life didn't take me to Jackson 'cause I had to meet these people who were from Jackson, MS and in Nashville visiting first 'cause they're going to help me when I do get there.

And why do I need to be in Jackson? That's where the Freedom Riders ended up and that civil rights icon that I told you about last year moved from Nashville to Jackson to further orchestrate things. She disagreed with MLK about continuing the Freedom Rides, a fascinating woman. Last year when Fisk University gave me her email, I wrote and introduced myself. I wasn't sure what I wanted exactly from her, but it's getting clearer. I think it's time to write another email.

And I found out about a book called "Breach of Peace" which chronicles the arrest of the Freedom Riders. Not all of the riders were black, there was one man, from Germany, who took part because he said he didn't want to be a good German who turned his head or something to that effect.

Anyway, I've got stuff I've got to start sorting out-- I'm excited how it all seems to be coming together into something, heh heh.

No comments: