Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Back and, yes, not so grouchy

The media headlines make me crazy-- what can I say?

Anyway I'm up and looking for a job and doing some writing. I have a deadline by which it is imperative that I have money coming in from somewhere but that date isn't here yet. So I'm writing.

My daughter who was living on campus moved back with me and she's not going to school this semester 'cause she's transferring to a college in Maine and she's just working and organizing her life to get here there.

My third son who didn't want to go to college last semester is this semester but he too has moved in with me.

Had to give up some space but not the writing room or the craft room which is my light-filled, sunflower-decorated, Boston fern-thriving haven.

The time back has been good. Rain, oh glorious rain. Last night and this morning. The grandson is as gorgeous as ever. First haircut and he's walking (wobbling);-)

I've been notified that a story has made it to the final phase for an anthology which is set to be launched in November and I could be invited-- to Ireland. Now of course the bill would land on me and in a way, it seems so huge-- did I mention that I want to get married in Ireland? Canada is second choice. But I digress--
I would LOVE to go to Ireland. Am afraid to put it to the universe and not so. I wasn't thinking I would meet B.B. King but I thought I could. And there's other instances in my life when the impossible was made possible.

No, I have to believe. Faith the size of a mustard seed.

I AM going to put it to the Universe. If there is a reason for me to be in Ireland, it will happen. Life will, I've witnessed before, conspire to make my wishes come true. And if not, then there's a reason that will be revealed at a later time. If not this, then something better.

So we'll see.

No comments: