Thursday, August 14, 2008

The plan was. . .

to work like crazy so I could buy a car and pay for my youngest children to take driving lessons and to buy me some time so I can write 'cause I've only written three stories this year and all were flash, two were micros and I really need to get back to my writing. Need to. Yes, I need to. I sooooooo want to.

But I've digressed.

That was the plan, however, the oral surgeon had to take out four teeth instead of two so the amount of money I had to pay was more than I was expecting to. The jobs I had lined up in Nashville fell through, though I found two others, but they didn't pay like the two I'd been working on. Then my son said he'd take driver's ed in school and I thought I might get a reprieve, but then he changed his mind as soon as his sister (who took classes first) got her permit. Okay then. No reprieve, just pull out that bank card. I arrive back only slightly better (financially) than when I left.

But that's supposed to be. This summer I was brought face-to-face with some hard places within myself, in regards to two things: money and men.

Things I would rather just keep hiding from, thank you, but *that* was soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo not the case.

Still I know what I need to do in regards to both and a car is still in the works.

No comments: