Saturday, July 04, 2009

me time

Long time. A month, well how time flies.

News: June became a bust. Not one thing I wanted to attend, not even the coveted workshop. Things fall apart.

Took it in stride-- what else could I do? Learning to focus on inner stuff and not so much that which happens outside me; I can only control my attitude;-)

Exercising, lost 8 pounds and got the best blood pressure reading I've had in a looooooong time. "It's still a little high," the med tech who took it told me, but I was thinking at least it's not stroke-waiting- to happen, you know?

Just got off work, though it was just for the 4th of July, a temporary thing. Big news story- Steve McNair was shot and killed. Wow. At the job I previously had-- restaurant-- there was a bit of hulabaloo; Steve McNair had come in. Who? Former NFL player. Oh. But he was killed today. wow.

& Michael Jackson's dead. & Farrah. & Ed McMahon. & the Oxyclean guy. & all those people on those planes. wow. wow. wow.

The governor of S.C. should stop playing the too-much-information-game and Sarah Palin, well, what do you think she's got up her sleeve, hmmmmm??????


I got a chapbook out to a publisher. That collection of short stories is gonna take me another month or so. Some sloppy writing on some early drafts of some of the stories. Some damn sloppy writing. Anyway have two more chapbooks I want to enter in a contest; one I need to search out the stories that fell off the web. Do I have them back in Las Cruces? Gotta go back there. Soon.

Anyway, not much else. Hope you're having a grand (but not hot like me) summer. Am having a birthday this month and there is something I said I would accomplish before I got a year older so I'm gonna be working on that so I may not be back here till August, maybe later.

Maybe sooner. Who knows? It is GJM we're talking about.

No comments: