Saturday, December 19, 2009

A hot shower

Standing under the running water, waiting to start bawling, but there were no tears. Only enlightenment.

Did I say this was the worst year of my life? Let me rephrase that-- this has been the year I have grown in ways that I didn't forsee, I have seen myself act with acceptance and grace in the face of heartbreak, I have been reminded of how dear my children are to me and how much they have brought to my life, I have met people who have helped me and in one instance, I had someone cutting me some slack so a dream of mine could be fulfilled, though it was for naught-- but still no one had to extend themselves to me and here I've found individuals who have given and given and given to me and on my behalf.

I have learned that I need to take much better care of my health, not take it for granted 'cause I know what I stand to lose. (Next week, I'm back to jogging, well walking first and then it's running, running, running)

This has been the best year of my life because I have learned gratitude.

Man, it's a wonder that washing your hair and shaving your legs can bring such clarity.

(and I have a place in Vermont!)

No comments: