Tuesday, February 13, 2007

So I called this publisher to see if he might want to publish a book of mine. . .

His press had published a work of mine before.

I was looking at the website to get this year's contest info so I might enter/win and be offered the chance to have a story collection published. There was a note posted that made me think that maybe I didn't have to win the contest--hell, maybe I didn't even need to enter the contest-- so I called and I asked about the possibility of me sending a collection (the novel-in-short-stories) and the publisher asked who he was speaking to and I said, "Gwendolyn Mintz" and he said, "I know your name" and then he told me that they were judging a contest right at the moment and it might be awhile before I heard from them, but all I cared about were two words he uttered: "Send it."
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: