Sunday, February 25, 2007

"Sometimes"

is this 90-something-word story that I wrote that I absolutely love. I sent it to Hobart but it was rejected, though it was liked, and the editor suggested I send it to Monkeybicycle for their one-sentence stories so I did and it got accepted but they were going to publish it when they had a bunch 'cause I'd had one published before and that's how they do it but then there was the ultra-short contest at Binnacle that I wanted to enter because the first year of it, I had to withdraw my entry because it was accepted by another magazine and the second year, I didn't have anything to submit so I wrote the editor at Monkeybicycle and said "is it okay to withdraw" and he said no problem so I did and I entered it in the contest and the story was in the short-listed 100 (out of approx. 600 entries) but didn't make the final cut for publication so I sent it to Staccato but they weren't reading at that time and then it looked like they were ending publication so I sent it to BarrelHouse and the reject said "Fascinating, but too short" and then Staccato was going to reemerge via a blog so I resent it to them but I didn't hear anything so I sent it to Boston Literary Magazine and the editor said she liked it but might I consider it being in the 1st person so I tried it but didn't like it so I wrote and told her such and then I sent it to Ghoti and they said yes.

No comments: