Friday, July 06, 2007

GJM Update

Alive and well, thank you. Life remains *interesting,* we will say.

----------------------------

Tennessee is &@^%*#&$ hot and I know what people mean when they say "It's the humidity." Ugh.

Yeah, I'd even do Arizona over some days here.

------------

The reading in Washington was great fun. Thought you'd see some skin? Well, that was the original plan last year; I was gonna do a short skirt, heels and the seamed stockings,(and the stockings and garter belt would have been what was auctioned) and I was gonna show leg, lots of leg, but well, I'm working with a slightly different set of rules this year and modesty is the name of today's game.

Met some wonderful people. Got a reading in Chicago (it's looking like October)out of the event. Went to the Library of Congress and got a library card. Had dinner at a wonderful place. Was introduced to this poet who's moving to Tennessee in a month and we exchanged emails/numbers so when he gets here, I have a writing buddy to go to the Poetry Open Mic with.

--------------

The writing is going slow, I've got some other projects and my life in general to sort out and stuff. I have however made my way up to, I think, to 106 stories. I'd have to make sure I added some micros I wrote recently.

Some acceptances and I've got to go to the post office to check for forwarded yeses. (I'm hoping)

-------------

If you ordered my book, you've no doubt noticed that it is not in your mailbox yet. And June has passed. My apologies. I have to have them sent to me and me getting to and situated in TN has been more than I expected. They will arrive. I promise. Soon. If you want a refund, just let me know.

No comments: