Monday, July 09, 2007

X LA

Thought I'd be flying into LAX but doesn't look like LA is going to happen for me this year.

Cancelled the June 30th event. From Arizona, the cost was $60; from TN, the cost of the trip became 10 times that amount. (I pay as I go) so I had to bow out which totally stunk 'cause John Singleton and Nikki Giovanni were going to be there!!!

:(
:(
:(

It's looking like I won't make the Black Book Expo either. I would love to be at these big events but I need a book to promote. I can't afford not to have it that way.

My schedule for the rest of the year is the Chicago reading, maybe the Harlem Book Fair, Chicago ('cause I'm still waiting to here for definite on that); and maybe another New York reading series.

Finish the year off facilitating two workshops, one in Detroit and one in Baltimore. Waiting to hear.

No comments: