Monday, July 23, 2007

The police officer picked me up and tossed me across

the seat of his motorcycle.

He gave me permission to mount it and I was trying to figure out how to get up on that huge thing when he came behind me and helped me along.

I screamed in surprise though once on it, I could laugh along with him and the other motorcycle policemen gathered there.

Straddlling the seat, I took the handlebars in my hands.

"Can I take this for a spin?" I asked.

"Sure," he told me.

I was turning from him when suddenly I was screaming in surprise again.

Another police officer had come behind me and righted the motorcycle.

"Get going," that one joked.

Uhm. no. I could never keep that bike upright and going. Maybe he just wanted a Kimberly Stewart impersonation.

"Can I put on your helmet?" I asked the officer whose bike I was on.

"Sure," he said. "It's probably sweaty."

It was heavy. Though I momentarily saw myself riding along with Ponch on the Cali highway. Ha!

I took the helmet off and placed it back on the handlebar.

"Can I see your gun?" I asked.

The officer laughed and shook his head at me. "No," he told me. "You might go off shooting people."

We were still just messing around when this guy came over with a complaint about something that was going on in a nearby bar.

I distanced myself.

I watched the scene unfold and unfortunately the guy ended up getting arrested. Yikes.

Been there, done that. Not fun.

The police weren't laughing anymore.

No comments: