Monday, December 20, 2010

uhm, duh, Gwendolyn

A student wrote me. He said he'd heard I was a writer and he wanted to get permission to add my already-full English class in the spring. A co-worker of my daughter's (whom I know of 'cause I used to work at the same place) said she was hoping to get into my class as well.

I thought it was kind of cool, the idea of students trying to get a particular teacher, in this case, me and I reminded myself that I am a good teacher. There were times, when I taught previously, that my evaluation scores were higher than the dept scores, and some aspects were even higher than the college as a whole.

It hit me then that there are colleges in Vermont. Onto the internet and found a community college. I've got the credentials so I'm working on the application now.

No comments: