Saturday, January 14, 2006

Look! Up in the sky!

The neighborhood dogs are barking and yelping. There's a ballon rally this weekend, but they're not enjoying it.

Dots of color against the cloud-filled sky. Sometimes the pilots are close enough, you can see them wave.

I used to be on a hot-air ballon crew. It was fun but like having a baby: you swear you're using every muscle in your body and getting nowhere, there's lots of grunting and heavy breathing, and a degree of complaining. End result, though, breathtaking.

I love flying!

Pre 9/11, I flew to New York. Something occurred on the flight so I asked the pilot about it when we landed. I shared my fascination with planes and flight and he let me sit in the cockpit and showed me the various instruments, explained what they were for. It was so cool, needless to say.

I once belonged to a group buying a Cessna. For your fee, you got use of the plane and discounted flight lessons. I was really interested, but quit the group eventually 'cause I knew the type of driver I was.

"I thought I had enough gas to get there," was always my excuse.

No comments: