Saturday, November 25, 2006

And speaking of books

I found another collection of stories-- Flash Fiction Forward that I didn't have enough for, I found when I got to the register, but I didn't ask to have the book held. Not a good thing. It's in the store somewhere, but not any where I (nor the information clerk) can find it.

There's also another book I want called "The Art of the Short Story" which takes a critical look at certain stories and it has essays by famous authors regarding techniques, etc.

Would love to use the Borders coupon to cut the price on that one, but Borders also is selling "It's a Wonderful Life" and well, I just love Jimmy Stewart and all. I'll have to pull out the board game that covers the movie. I was supposed to be living in the northeast and Susan was gonna come over.

Ah, well. There will be no snuggling this winter. Too hot, no snow.

Will probably change the menu from hot chocolate to Margaritas on the rocks.

1 comment:

SusanD said...

Gwendolyn, save your pennies on the "It's a Wonderful Life" movie. It's my favorite movie, but that's a common known fact, so several people have gotten it for me over the years. I've got multiple DVDs and VHS tapes of it. Drop me a line and I'd be happy to send you whatever one you want. (and maybe include another little gifty that you're wishing for.)