Monday, February 13, 2006

Another child for me?

My son's friend went home and his father apologized for throwing him out, but he did it 'cause he was "having someone over."

"I've slept in the car before, " the boy had told me the night he stayed over.

Can we say FUCKER?

I thought about calling social services but really that whole agency stuff is bullshit. A kid in the housing project just down from us hung himself this past summer 'cause he didn't want to go into foster care even though his father beat him and terrorized the whole family. No, me and my kids have decided on a grassroots approach:

My son's friend can stay with us as much as he needs to. Today I'm buying a roll-away bed.

Like in the movie, Matilda, I want his son's absence to be convenient for his father. When we're ready to move, the hope is that the father will willingly/gladly let him go with us just 'cause it's easier for him.

The boy's mother is apparently in another city, homeless, but this child doesn't have to be.

No comments: