Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Misc.

The Charles Baxter lecture was cancelled. Bummer. I didn't attend the reading 'cause I borrowed "Napoleon Dynamite" and I wanted to watch it. What a goofy movie. Someone told me I'd only be able to watch it once, but it was still funny the 2nd time around.


****************

I am applying to three writing conferences: the one at Sarah Lawrence (which I've attended before and absolutely loved), the Juniper Summer Writing Institute and AmiGals Literary Retreat, which is just for women. One or acceptance to all three would thrill me.

**************

I have found my dream house in Vermont. Five bedrooms, a master bedroom with a jacuzzi, 3 and 1/2 bathrooms. Three- story with hardwood floors and a grand staircase. I come up with $1,050,000 and I can start unpacking.

*************

I am going to learn to knit and crochet before I go. "Unravel" -- a wonderful yarn store, here in Las Cruces, offers short courses and I'm going to take those two and a spinning and tatting, if I can. My bears will soon be "dressed" for Vermont weather.

No comments: