Sunday, February 12, 2006

The streets of San Francisco

Great show. Loved Richard Hatch but rumors were he never quite fit into Michael Douglass' old shoes.

But I'm looking forward to roaming them (sans Karl Malden) next month. I think Spring Break runs just after the date of the awards ceremony so I won't have to be in a hurry to get back home 'cause my kids won't have to get up for school and such.

Am taking the bus--it'll only be a day's ride. Everyone I've told about my trip who's been to San Francisco is telling me that I'll love it. No doubt about that.

I'm paying my own way, but I don't mind because I view myself as a band looking for gigs wherever one may be found in order to develop a fan base and create name recognition. PLUS there's that vacation from motherhood and I can just go off and be Gwendolyn instead of Mom.

I wish Maya still lived there, but she's off to China. Still I may get to meet this man I know via an online writer's workshop. There are some people I know from online interactions that I would love to meet in person and Bill Robinson is one of them.

Talented writer, very kind and supportive guy. He has these wonderful tales he occasionally shares with me-- I wrote a story about Superman (the George Reeves one) and it turns out that Bill used to be a postman and delivered the mail to Mr. Reeves' mother who spent a good deal of her life trying to prove that her son did NOT commit suicide, but was murdered.

An old codger, Bill is. Wise and generous to boot.

No comments: