Friday, February 17, 2006

Little brothers!

My son's friend (who was again spending the night) was in the family room talking to my 15-year old daughter.

My son came into the room, spent a minute or two in the room, saying nothing, then he rushed back to his bedroom.

I followed him down the hall, thinking he was upset with his friend, but he swore nothing was wrong.

He did, however, have that I'm-doing-something-I-shouldn't-be look on his face.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"I'm just using her phone."

Using her phone to get the number of this boy my daughter likes and talks to and may possibly date at some time.

Using her phone to get the number of this boy so he can call and text a message that reads "Do you want to hook up with my sister or not?"

Using her phone to get the number of this boy who doesn't get the messages but, for whatever reasons, his mother does and she calls my daughter in response.

"WHAT DID YOU DO???" my daughter roared.

"I'm Cupid!" my son said in his defense.

"You're stupid!" my daughter responded.

And she plans to tell her guy friend that when she sees him today when she and her friends meet up at the mall.

Her brother is stupid, she will claim.

And surprisingly still alive.



** and the friend engaging in conversation was just a diversion to keep her attention from her cell phone.

No comments: