Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Go ahead and make your plans, Gwendolyn

hahahahahaha

so what I was planning for this week ain't gonna happen, although I will get a story to New Delta Review 'cause the reading period ends today.

Life giving me so much other to consider.

1st-- A newsletter from Hobart. A reminder about the baseball issue and I wanted to send one. Later that day I'm in Barnes & Noble and in the bargin books is a book with all kinds of unusual baseball records. I buy it, of course, thinking there's a story there and then when I get the day's paper, there's the schedule for the teams here for Spring Training. I'm gonna go see the Cubs -- unfortunately, them vs. the White Sox is already sold out. Will probably try to make them vs Giants. The reading period will end very soon so this story gets priority.

Also in the paper, an article about a group for father's with children with diaabilities and yes, I've got that story about a family where the child had a rare disease that affects only males. Called, made an appt. with one of the coordinators. Another story that gets moved to the top of the pile for my attention.

And then there was that article about this organization working with "Lost Boys." If you've read What is the What or Beasts of No Nation, you know what I'm taking about. If not, these are boys from Africa (these in Az are specifically from the Sudan) who were forced to become soldiers. Talked to the volunteer coordinator. Next week meeting with him. Friday when I do go to the post office, I apply for the passport. Finally.

And getting in touch with Josh from the college in Vermont to arrange a possible tour if I can make a detour when I go to NY in a couple of weeks. Yes, Vermont is back on the map.

And there are two chapbooks and somehow a jaunt to Crockett, Texas that has to be planned so I can put the finishing touches on the story collection and send it off.

I'm gonna try to get as many stories out as I can but I've got some other works that are evidently more important.

It takes a great faith to follow Life where it leads you, but you start to understand the why's, the greater wisdom guiding you if you're willing to surrender to it. The nice part about is it I get everything I wanted and even some things I didn't imagine. I am so very very grateful for that:)

No comments: