Friday, March 02, 2007

Scratch him off the list 'cause *that's* on my list

There's this man who's been trying to get next to me since we met. I was attracted initially but something he said nixed that.

I have a list, I've mentioned before, of five qualities I want in the love of my life. I will never share that list with you, but I have a second and third list that are game. List #3 is non-essential, would be great to have but I could live with a guy who didn't have them as long as he had List #1 covered and much of #2.

I've been researching biblical marriages and in one article, it said a woman should ask herself, "Am I willing to enter into an arrangement where I am bound under this man's laws?" when considering marriage prospects.

Divorce cannot be in my vocabulary, so the seriousness of the commitment is foremost. But, again, what I'm looking for in a man will allow me to say yes, to willingly agree to be bound to him and live under his laws as long as there's no conflict between his laws and God's.

People tell you who they are within minutes of meeting them. You've just got to pay attention. So this guy tells me who he is, literally and figuratively, by what he says and does and by how he reacts/responds to what I say and do.

I read during breaks and while I'm waitng for the bus.

"I don't like to read," he tells me.

Too bad 'cause that's Number 1 on List #2 (Running a very-close second is a man's willingness to chase me around the house, but I digress).

He started citing his reasons why but I didn't listen 'cause a person who doesn't read isn't someone I could see myself spending time with.

I am passionate about books and I want a man who feels the same to the degree that it affects our financial thinking: There's always money for a book if not the electric bill 'cause you can read while the sun is out.

No comments: