Friday, March 16, 2007

Very Good Friday

How could it not be?

To wake up, turn on the radio and Al Green's playing. Followed by John Cougar (I don't think he was Mellancamp just yet when that song came out), the Eagles (Hotel California, no less!!!!!!!!!!!)

Have been revising all week. Cover letters, SASE's ready and most importantly, THE STORIES!!!!

Went into Phoenix to talk to this man who runs the group for fathers with children with disabilities. Some tall buildings there! In San Antonio, Vincent said I was like someone who'd come to visit them, who kept walking into things 'cause he was looking up at the buildings so much. But that's just the way we small-town people be;-)

Anyway, got some great information for my story which is a novella. Found out that I have some more research to do and that I need to chose a clear focus-- the relationship or the child's disability, which am I writing about?

I also have another story that I thought I could make into a sci-fi piece along the lines of "Brave New World" which I love more than any other book that I've read. But after talking with him, I realized that I can't work out the logistics of this other world (genetic stuff) but that I can make the existing story deeper if I follow a thread that he gave me via our conversation.

A good productive week :)

No comments: