Friday, March 23, 2007

New York

Some really tall buildings there!

Ah, Central Park was covered in snow. It's huge! Did not make it through the whole park.

Went to Times Square. Hustle and bustle!

I am a tad more learned about the subway system and the air train. Didn't go around the airport endlessly (ha ha) and only once did I miss my stop and had to get turned around. I was so good that I gave my daughters (it's spring break and I took them with me) directions on how to get back to the hotel in Jamaica Queens from Manhattan. By coincidence, there was a class trip and my daughters (one who went to the middle school and one who's going to the middle school) went to meet up with friends and present/former teachers at Bubba Gump's while I went to the reading.

The reading was good. Chocolate cupcakes and candy. Carol Novack was funny, funny. Invited me to possibly participate in another reading series. Uhm, yes! Something I need to do first to make that happen.

"But you have to stay for a few days," Carol said. "See some things."

Exactly. I'll return to New York (esp. when the turtles in Central Park are out of hibernation.)

No comments: