Saturday, March 24, 2007

Strike three. You're OUT!

I am not going to get a story into Hobart for the baseball issue and that is the third year in a row I have done this.

I met this man in Baltimore who used to work in a hotel across the street from a major league stadium and I took his # and email address because I told him I wanted to write a baseball story possibly based on some of the stories he'd shared with me or maybe a different one. I never contacted him.

Last year, April rolled around and there was the issue and I was surprised that I'd forgotten that I'd intended to send in a work that I hadn't thought about, developed or written.

This year, thought it was a piece of cake 'cause of the baseball book I found at B&N and then there's spring training happening here in Arizona. In NY I even met a wonderful young woman named Susan who gave me all kinds of information about places to see and things to do next time. She goes to the minor league games for the Yanks and the Mets and something she said I thought I could work into a piece but I'm tired and I can't follow up with the questions I was going to email her. I'm out of time.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh once again

But, like you say when your team doesn't make the playoffs: "Next year."

No comments: