Friday, May 18, 2007

I was going to fire my promotions director

I looked at my schedule and thought that it was becoming impossible --- so much that I had to do. Then she told me that the June 16 festival could be a bust, if I wanted. I didn't have to plan on going since I haven't heard from the organizers and that only if they did indeed pay, would I attend. She also told me that I didn't have to consider going to Oklahoma instead. That she'd just e-mail that coordinator and say "keep us in mind" for a future event.

An interview on an internet radio show, something in Essence magazine and some coverage in a New York-based literary publication geared toward people of color (whatever that means 'cause everyone's got some color to him/her)-- that's what's she's pursuing for me now.

No new gigs requiring travel so I can get some stories completed, get settled somewhere and decide if I really want to quit this writing thing.

So I withheld the firing and am writing today and all is happy in the world :)

No comments: