Thursday, May 10, 2007

You'll only read this here

and there's a reason for that, ha ha.

Cleaning out old files. Found this poem I wrote 20+ years ago. I don't have plans to send it anywhere-- unsure if it's "publishable" but I like this poem, and a few others, that I'm going to post here 'cause it's my blog and I can;-)

-------------------------

you are there
standing
in the
night
the
wind
chanting
down
the sky
silence
lost in
the
stars
beneath
the moon
crickets begin
their
midnight
orchestration
i stand
beside you
open sea
licking
ankles
knees
thighs
you
speak
no
one here
to
listen
but
me
the moon
& stars
but
it is
enough
you
tell
us
there is
no
mystery
to
life
no
fountain
that
spills joy
we
are our
own
fountains
we
flow
not endlessly
but
give
until there
is simply
no more
the moon
nods
you
have said
the truth
he
dances
across the
sky
singing
your song
caught
in
this
reflection
echoes
of
night
come
back
tickling
my naked
ness
no
more
to say
the concert
over
the wind moves on
stars
sputter
laughter pales
you
vanish
the sea
quiets
itself
alone
with that moment:
you
near me
&
the
moon
&
the
stars

No comments: