Thursday, May 03, 2007

You talking to me?

I got a reply from a coordinator at the Virginia festival. I thought it was a small affair.

It is actually the 24th year of this event which draws 100,000 in Norfolk. And Mario is going to be there. Regina Belle. Lisa Lisa of "I wonder if I take you home" fame, though no Cult Jam. The Mary Jane Girls. To name a few.

The coordinator instructed me to mark my calendar for one of the three days of the festival because I am going to be the special guest for a reception.

Me?

Really?

I am humbled, yes, and so very surprised. In a way. I've been working for things like this for awhile. Plant, water, something grows.

What I'm not doing is wondering if I "deserve" it. Not productive; just destructive.

When something good comes your way, it's best not to question it. Just be grateful. Just say "thank you." Just enjoy it.

2 comments:

SusanD said...

Most excellent! AND you deserve it, of course. And if you get nervous, teach them to pole dance!

GJM said...

hahahahahaha