Wednesday, May 30, 2007

rant

I was talking with someone and I interjected God into the conversation and the woman rolled her eyes.

Uh, excuse me?

She doesn't believe in God and certainly not the one I was talking about.

That's okay with me, but I don't think she has the right to disrespect my belief while I was trying to be respectful of hers.

I hate it when people feel they have the right to voice their beliefs all they want but they disrepect others' right to the same.

In the aftermath of Jordin's American Idol win, I read this article that said she was going to use her newfound fame to promote her anti-abortion stance, as if that was a bad thing. (There's a picture of her with a poster which reads Stop Abortion Now)

I don't understand what's with some people-- if she believes abortion is wrong, where's the problem? As long as she's not bombing clinics or threatening doctors, does she not have the right to her beliefs?

No comments: