Sunday, May 06, 2007

So it wasn't May Day, but I did some pole dancing anyway

The event in Detroit was geared toward women; there were women writers and a woman selling tupperware and some others, among them a woman who teaches pole dancing.

I was hesitant when she invited me to learn a few moves, but then I conceded and WOW. There has been, of course, some planting in our collective pysches that equates pole dancing (stripping) with a degree of sexiness and although that's not true, working that pole certainly makes one feel free and uninhibited. The woman even gifted me with a boa!! And you can purchase a pole for use in your own home. hmmmmmm

I was not as organized as I thought I was. And the money that was supposed to be put in my account wasn't (but thanks to Dennis and Carrie for helping me [again]).The map I printed out was not helpful because I didn't start from the correct point and the cab driver got lost grrrr. Shouldn't you know the streets if you're working in transportation?????? And should I have to pay you for your mistakes??????????????????????/ double-grrrr


Anyway, one day all of my arrangements will be planned and footed by someone other than me and I won't have to deal with the details. hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

My story was well received. I like when that happens.

And I might not have to publish those three chapbooks on black culture the way I thought. Have to email marketing plan, sample chapters, a synopsis to a woman here who has her own publishing company which distributes through Ingram. Perfect-bound books. I like that idea better than my original.

The Mets are playing the Diamondbacks in Phoenix. I forgot that they were there for 3 games. Darn. I missed all three opportunities :( But I'd rather be here than there, 'cause those guys already got big careers going on!

No comments: