Monday, September 13, 2010

just when you think things can't get any better

I am on the verge of healing the biggest thing in my life. I have been wrestling with this forever and finally I have the breakthrough! I've been working on a story that mirror the issue I'm dealing with, a core issue that totally runs and ruins parts of my experience of life, and for awhile now the story's been writing itself-- words, lines coming to me out of nowhere that kept pushing me to face what I did not want to face.

But I have. Whew. Not as scary as I thought, but I read somewhere that FEAR is an acronym for False Expectations Appearing Real, so what I thought would slay me if I ever chose to look at it face-to-face, didn't.

So I'm all giddy with this knowledge that I don't have to be Sisyphus anymore. That I can let that stone roll away. I plan to finish the story today, finish my healing today:)

------------------------------

The issue of the number of classes I've taught is being researched but the prelimanary info points to this: I am just semesters away from being an assistant professor-- not that I want to be one, but still.


------------------------------

It looks like I may be attending a writing workshop next summer in Paris. Yes, the one in France!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cool; any chance I could read it? I am quite intrigued.

Go for the assistant Professorship; it could serve you well later. Never know.

Eh. Big deal. Now Paris, Texas, that would be worth getting excited about! LOL