Sunday, December 11, 2005

Coincidence? I think not.

I needed one bookshelf to have all needed for the family room. It was on sale at Office Max, but I was not going to have the money to get it.

I'd been envisioning the bookcase in the place it was to go and I was so ready to get the books, pictures, knick-knacks up off the floor and into it. I felt frustrated that I was going to have to wait longer. It didn't feel -- I won't say fair, 'cause I've learned not to expect "fairness" in life; you get what you get, learn to play the hand you're dealt the best you can-- but it didn't feel "something" along that line.

So Friday, my daughter needed chicken for a class dinner and I decided I'd rather have KFC deal with the grease and all. She needed it at a certain time -- an hour before I had to go to work. KFC is across from the bank and the restaurant where I work is just across the street. The high school is just down from them all.

The plan was to go get the chicken, take it to the school and then loiter at my job. KFC was busy so I decided to go drop my things off at work and go back. When I got to the restaurant, a waitress had an emergency situation and had to leave. She wanted me to stay for her.

As long as she'd go get the chicken and deliver it to the high school office, I told her I would.

Done.

I was hoping to make just enough to get the shelf. I did + the part of the rent I didn't have AND enough to order pizza.

Life is good.

No comments: