Wednesday, December 07, 2005

getting there

So, earlier, I wrote that I was trying to do three things-- write a novel, get my house in order, and manifest the love of my life.

Well, the novel is a bust. Not that I care. Other people want me to write a novel; I'm quite happy churning out stories, thank you.

Called Goodwill again. Cleared out the storage room attached to my house, but I've got another 10' x 10' rental that I've got to clear out. By year's end. The house is getting in order, yes. Made myself throw away things. And bookshelves are on sale this week. Down to just one needed for the family room.

The love of my life -- have decided a date by which time I will be in contact with him. A friend expressed some skepticism, but an article I read said to set a date and work toward it. Makes sense. If you have a guest coming on a certain date, you prepare yourself for that, right? When I went to read in Miami, I knew I had to be there on a certain date and I had to be ready so I did the things I needed to do to make sure that event happened-- same difference.

I have since engraved that date on my heart. Between then and now, I am preparing myself-- making the place for him in my life, my heart, my bed (as another article suggested -- uhm, hell, yeah!)

I'm all giddy and curious (are you him? I'll smile at you, just in case). Working with doubts-- letting go of fears--recognizing what wonderful gifts I can bring to a relationship.

This morning, the Daily OM is on partnerships -- I like this, from that the article:

"If we have the courage to recognize our reflections in each other, we can grow through our partnerships. A partnership that offers both acceptance of who we are and an opportunity for personal transformation can be fertile ground for growing a healthy, lasting union. When we find this kind of partnership, we are more likely to want to keep it, invest in it, and nurture it.

Life is a collaborative effort. Much of what we do can be enhanced through partnership. Together we are stronger because our personal power is multiplied by two. Through partnership we experience the joys of working, living, and loving together."

That's what I want to create.

But there's got to be a starting place so I am turning up the amp on the things men compliment me on--I like hearing that I'm hot, that I'm sweet and that I'm warm. I've pulled out the booty jeans, I'm demonstrating my caring by my actions more often than I already do, and rather than judge people who cross my path and annoy me (hey, I try hard to be a good person, but I'm human still) , I'm working on compassion-- that we are all doing the best we can, given the circumstances.

Growing. And that's what a relationship should support, even one that's still in my imaginings;-) No matter!

He's on his way and as long as he doesn't show up AT THAT TIME OF THE MONTH, I'm good to go.

No comments: