Monday, December 05, 2005

I took the kitten Sara needed to find a home for

"Can I get a puppy?" my son Joshua asked.

"Nope."

"You got a kitten."

"I'm gonna take care of it, and I pay the rent."

"Can I get a puppy?"

"No."

"Can I get a puppy?"

"You've got Copper."

"She's your dog."

I reminded him that he'd found her and convinced me to keep her.

"Can I get a puppy?"

"No."

"I'm getting a puppy," Joshua told his twin sister, Kara, as she walked into the kitchen.

"How come he gets a puppy?" Kara demanded to know. "You won't let me get a puppy."

"He's not getting a puppy."

"You have a cat," Joshua told Kara.

"I'll get rid of it."

""That's mean," my son said,

"I'll get rid of you too," Kara told him.

"Can I have a puppy?" Joshua asked.

"Can I have one too?" Kara added.

No comments: