Thursday, December 01, 2005

WWJD?

Joe, I mean.

Well, he wouldn't have entered the contest on the very last day.

~~~

I was going to enter a contest and got everything prepared (and a month ahead of the deadline); I just needed to mail it. I set the envelope on the desk shelf for stuff going out, but forgot about it until yesterday, November 30, the deadline.

I had two stamps, a 23 and a 37 cent, no money and the child support hadn't been posted at the bank so I tried to bum a buck off Joe.

I questioned if the deadline was a postmark or "be there" deadline and momentarily pondered if I should just shuck the whole thing.

Joe thought that I should go that route. (Maybe he didn't want to give me the buck)

I entered it though.

I hope that my entry will be considered, that the organization just won't take my entry fee and toss my work.

Maybe I should've listened to Joe.

Maybe?

No comments: