Friday, December 09, 2005

You're killing me!!!!

Logistics. Ugh. I'm working on two stories that excite me 'cause they are so unlike what I've allowed myself to write, but timing is everything in both stories and it's killing me.

In one story I need a certain practice to happen years before it really did, I need a man ( a real person who is pivotal to the work) to die 10 years before he actually did and I need a certain performer at a place where he wasn't at that particular time-- all so I can create this one moment in the work--HA! I'd have to be a real kick-ass writer to pull that kind of "suspending belief."

But in a way I'm thankful for the problems. Makes me dig deeper, work more.

Maybe this is the story. . . or this. . .

Cool to be engaged in the process at another level. To allow myself the thrill of discovery and not just stubbornly work with what I believed to be the story.

No comments: