Thursday, July 20, 2006

Just follow the stage directions, Gwendolyn

I've been involved in a metaphorical love story called "The Maiden King." That is the big story but a subplot was another story called "The Skeleton Woman." I didn't do what I was supposed to in that story because it would have meant that I risked my heart in a way that I'd never done and I refused to do that because I was ever so slightly SCARED that it would blow up in my face.

But we can rewrite stories, edit or do whatever is necessary to make sure the plot takes us to the end we desire. So I'm back in the tale(s) and this time I'm sticking to the script!

At the end of "The Maiden King," the couple comes together and live happily ever after. But before that happens, the feminine character travels to a place because there her love is waiting for her.

I have to go somewhere. I don't believe it's absolutely literal, though I am moving. In mythical stories, we are a character and we are all of the characters and all of the tale is about us, so I feel that the place I have to go to is within me.

That fascinates and yes, scares me. But I'm going! A journey into a part of me that is unexplored territory and when I emerge, I will have the courage to fully play my part in the tale of "The Skeleton Woman" and then be prepared to find my love represented in physical form.


I have no idea who he will be-- four different men have played the part of the male in the story (in "The Maiden King" the masculine and feminine have four encounters). Again, with the excitement! And the curiosity. I've got to start smiling at all men again. 'Cause it could be him. Or him. Maybe him. Ha! Hey Dude, it could even be you;-)

No comments: