Monday, November 21, 2005

I think I'm there

Something happened over the weekend that could turn painfully tragic. Numb, at first, but now I'm at some peace with what is and what may become.

I was thinking my state was because of a degree of "awfulizing;" the idea that bad stuff seems to happen to me again and again -- I'm therefore not surprised or moved by it, but I don't think that that's it.

I cried and then let go and what I believe, and so hope, is true is that I'm "there"-- at the point where my heart is expansive and open and accepting.

That I can accept that my situation is sometimes better than that of others, that it is sometimes worse, but no matter what happens, no matter what life brings to me, that I can honor it, like Job, good or bad, with equal grace.

~~

In a full heart there is room for everything, and in an empty heart there is room for nothing. -Antonio Porchia

No comments: