Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Otra vez

-- going through my stuff again. Really, really assessing the value of things. I don't want to spend the $$$$ to move stuff that means nothing to me or that was part of something I thought I wanted but that's no longer the case.

Cleared out some more books. Never thought I'd want to get rid of any of them, but really, I'm just attached to the idea of the # of books and not necessarily the books themselves. I had a friend who had a roommate and when the roommate cleared out his bookshelves (had finished a college degree and was moving and he didn't want to take all his books along) he passed them on to me and I took them --the one with the most books, wins! was my thinking, I guess. But some of them, I'd never even look at in a bookstore-- much less buy to read. So I went through my books and made some hard decisions. Book credit for a friend at the local used bookstore. That felt good.

I collect all kinds of stuff-- bears, dolls, seashells, clowns, snails, turtles, anything to do with apples, roosters, cows, checker boards, anything that has to do with sunflowers,crystal, porcelain plates, etc. etc etc. There is reason behind it, what I enjoy and why and some of it truly matters to me, but some of it, and I'm trying to be really honest with myself, was gotten to create an image. Not to reflect who I am, but create the person I thought I wanted to be.

So that's what's going on today. More hard decisions. Getting rid of or just dwindling down. Justify me taking you to Vermont-- just *why* should I?

Lucky for me, I know someone who loves seashells and someone who loves sunfllowers. Box up stuff and drop it on their doorsteps!

[But not the bear stuff. Oh no! Never! Never! Never, the bear stuff! It goes along. It always goes along;-) ]

No comments: