Friday, September 29, 2006

He's so good for my ego

I ran into this friend yesterday.

We were talking and I was trying to also put some things into my bag. I ended up dropping things and he started teasing me.

"Stop picking on me," I said. "I just got off work and I'm tired."

He said he was thinking of going to the restaurant where I work for lunch. "I went to Hooters instead," he said.

Ah.

He held his hands out to the side and did the balancing scale thing between the restaurants. "Hooters," he said. He added, though, if he'd known I was working, he'd have gone to see me.

"I was in the back; you wouldn't have been able to see me."

"Maybe I would have asked to eat my meal in the back."

I laughed.

He held his hands out again. "Gwendolyn," he said lifting his left hand. " Hooters." The right hand rose.

"Gwendolyn. Hooters. Gwendolyn. Hooters. . . " His hands rose and fell. He smiled at me. He lifted his left hand in finality. "Gwendolyn," he said.

No comments: