Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Pay up or you die

Someone or someones has/have threatened to start shooting people in the city at random unless city officials pay up.

In this morning's newspaper, we were told that Friday is the deadline.

What bothers me, of course, is the disregard for life and the love of money that would drive people to crazy extremes (and it is the love of and not the money itself which is the root of evil).

I'm not sure if I'm scared. I'm not looking to die anytime soon and certainly not as some random act. If I'm going to die, let it be heroic--I was trying to do something and Death stepped in.

Of course, I'm doing my grocery shopping for a loooooooooooong while today and I'm getting stamps 'cause I'll be mailing in all my payments to whoever and now I have a very good reason when my children ask why they have to be home straight from school.

1 comment:

Sharon Hurlbut said...

Holy cow! I hadn't even heard about this, Gwen. There are some really wacko people out there. So...how soon are you moving?

Be safe.