Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Tornado warning

Just a few hours ago. Think that's only happened here once before (when the winds get way crazy. One year, I was looking out my kitchen window and thought something looked different. Turns out the storage unit was gone-- it ended up in the neighbor's backyard! The next year, same story. I'm looking out the kitchen window thinking something's not right and it turns out the tree that used to stand next to the storage unit was split in half! Next year, I come home and the roof is spread across the lawn and the air conditioner is hanging off the edge! Surprised I never ended up somewhere not in Kansas. Short enough (not even 5' I am) I could've been a munchkin! But I digress-- {again})

Anyway, the sun was shining and it was raining. A few days like that recently. Two seemingly opposites in existence at the same time. But then the sun disappeared and the rain got harder. Sky, much darker. Soon, there was hail and a howling wind.

But now the sun's out again.

And there's God's promise-- that rainbow spread across the sky.

No comments: