Tuesday, March 17, 2009

not for naught

I wasn't deterred from my mission to connect but I had to go to the bathroom so my attention was on getting back to my daughter's place.

The guy on the sidewalk in front of me glanced back a couple of times, but I paid him no attention 'cause I HAD TO GO! Picking up my stride, I was passing him on the left when he said he knew me from somewhere but he couldn't place where.

I shook my head and over my shoulder, I told him that I was from New Mexico and I'd only been here a few days.

"Well, you've got a twin," he said.

"Maybe," I replied.

"They say everyone's got one somewhere."

I HAD TO PEE, but okay, okay. . .

I stopped; turned, looked him in the eyes, gave him the sweetest smile and meant it.

"I'm kind of in a hurry," I said, "but you have yourself a nice day."

He nodded. "You already made it that way," he said.

No comments: