Saturday, March 21, 2009

So today will end on a great note

Thursday night I went to sleep with stuff on my mind. Friday it got resolved and today another piece of news, really really good news, so I've been giddy all day. A Jersey Mike's Sub opened up (I LOVE DELI'S) and they were having this special-- $1 subs, money donated to cancer research so I had this delicious Italian sandwich for cheap and for a good cause. I got a flash finished and submitted Yay! Threw my hat in for a reading in San Fran. I wrote this woman who I'd previously contacted about reading in NY; she wrote back that the reading series was no longer and sorry that they didn't get to me :(

I also wrote that poet who had asked me to read in Chicago but I never heard from him again after I'd selected the timeframe in which I wanted to read. If that reading series is over as well or he's no longer interested, no problem. I'd just like to delete those emails in that pending folder.

Happy so I've been having a private party this evening. Lots of my favorites at Youtube. Gloria Estefan, Jeffrey Osbourne, Luther Vandross. Doobie Brothers, although they shouldn't be allowed to sing Echoes of Love w/o Michael McDonald and then seeing Jeff Baxter had me listening to Steeley Dan. Then it's Greg Allman and the Allman Brothers Band. No, no Tom Petty 'cause I'm gonna go work on another story before i go to bed and if I get started with the Heartbreakers this party'll go all night;-) .

But I did listen to Thin Lizzy. and Metallica. and The Dubliners. If one chooses to listen to "Whiskey in the Jar" one should listen to the various renditions, though Thin Lizzy does it the very very best.

No comments: